My (Digital) Vision Board

A vision board  is typically a poster board on which you paste or collage images that you’ve torn out from various magazines. My physical vision board is a work in progress, but I thought I’d give you all a little insight.

The idea behind a vision board is that when you surround yourself with images of who you want to become, what you want to have, where you want to live, or where you want to vacation, your life changes to match those images and those desires.

friends-vision

writing-vision

veggies-vision

fitness

photography-vision

Lovers embrace

office-vision

greece-vision

What are your visions?

{ 14 comments… read them below or add one }

Liz March 15, 2010 at 4:37 pm

YESSSS LOVE IT. We were one mind today dude. As per usual.

I like the umm…sexy one. RAWR. And the camera one because you’re amazing.

Lauren June 23, 2010 at 12:34 pm

Yeah, the sexy one is definitely full of RAWR. Anything is possible, right? :)

adam jackson March 15, 2010 at 5:03 pm

I’ve never thought about doing one of these. Great images…. I’ll think about mine.

Lauren June 23, 2010 at 12:35 pm

You can never have too many goals in life, Adam. Putting pictures with them makes them feel that much more attainable.

nicole antoinette March 17, 2010 at 5:48 pm

A TABLE IN THE BATHTUB! Want want want want.

Lauren June 23, 2010 at 12:35 pm

ME TOO! That would just be fabulous. Except for the fact that I don’t think I’d ever leave the bathtub therefore I would inevitably turn into a prune. Pros and cons. Eh.

Aurora March 19, 2010 at 12:55 am

Oh wow I looove this. I’ve been planning for a really long time to get a really huge cork bulletin board to hang over my bed and tack up photos and other items that inspire me…i think my favourite here is the photo of Greece — a dream of mine as well!

Lauren June 23, 2010 at 12:36 pm

I hope this inspired you to make your own vision board, Aurora! It’s wonderful to literally be able to envision your goals. Thanks for the comment!

nahl June 12, 2010 at 3:23 pm

Such a great idea! I usually use Tumblr for that, but i’m now gonna print some images off tumblr and stick them up in my room! :)

Lauren June 23, 2010 at 12:37 pm

Yeah, Tumblr is great for that, but I liked having it in one place. You can also take magazine clippings – that’s what I did for my physical vision board! Good luck!

Doniree June 21, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Thanks so much for linking me back to this! Your images are beautiful – so tell me… what’s manifested thus far and what are you still visioning? Has anything changed (been added or removed from this list)? I think visualization is SO powerful!

Lauren June 23, 2010 at 12:38 pm

You’re absolutely right! Visualization is SO powerful and it truly helps to literally be able to SEE your goals. Right in front of you. Every single day. Really lights that fire to achieve.

Allison June 22, 2010 at 6:51 pm

I have a physical vision board, but love the idea of an online vision board —so very hip of you!

Not to be weird, but so far, everything I have put on my board is either a work in progress, or has been accomplished. Nothing you work for is absolutely impossible.

And then you can always remember, at least you tried. Isn’t there a cheesy quote, like “When you look back on your life, you’ll be more have more regrets about the things you didn’t do, than the things you did.”

Lauren June 23, 2010 at 12:34 pm

I have a physical vision board as well, but there was something about putting my visions and goals out there for the public to see that almost “cemented” them for me. It was almost like, “Oh, well now everyone knows that I want this, so now I have to DO IT.” Added encouragement never hurts anyone :)

That’s awesome that everything on your board is either a work in progress or has been completed! Now you just have to keep adding and adding to the vision board because you’re totally right – “Nothing you work for is absolutely impossible.”

Thanks for the comment, Allison!